The Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application), Regulations 2016 state that an employer shall not authorise an employee to operate Abrasive Wheels unless that employee has been trained and instructed in accordance with Schedule 14, and is competent to mount the wheel. NST provide Abrasive Wheel Awareness Training Courses on a regular frequency so you can be assured of getting your training at a time and place that suits you.
Abrasive Wheels Operator Course
Provides participants with the knowledge and skills to enable operative to competently use abrasive wheels safely including all aspects of the correct mounting, setting and use of abrasive wheels.
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Identify the hazards associated working with Abrasive Wheels
- Evaluate the causes of Abrasive Wheels accidents
- Control Measures.
- Selecting, inspection & mounting.
- Guarding of the grinding / cutting machines