This online course defines behavioural safety and explains the origins of the concept. It covers how it can be implemented in the workplace and some of the potential benefits. It includes analysis of some examples of ‘at risk behaviours’ and some examples of ways you can measure how well your organisation is doing when it comes to safety. Finally it touches on some of the key laws regarding health and safety in the workplace and how to ensure positive workforce attitudes.
- What causes accidents?
- Behavioural Safety – What is it?
- Elements of a Behavioural Safety Programme
- Benefits of Behavioural Safety System
- Behavioural Safety Audits
- How to be a good observer
- Interviewing Techniques
- Task Analysis/Observations
- Recording and Reporting your results
- Follow up Case Study on Behavioural Safety Audit