2.5 – 4 hours depending on number of attendees and categories required
Group training at customer’s premises
Good understanding of English
NST certificate valid for 3 years
€325 for Fire Safety Awareness
€395 for Fire Safety Awareness and Fire Extinguisher Practical Training
€450 for Fire Safety, Fire Extinguisher and Fire Warden Training
Module 1 – Fire Safety/Science
- Legislation – 2005 Act, 1981 & 2003 Fire Services Act, HSA, HIQA
- Fire Statistics & Case Studies
- Nature and behaviour of fire.
- Nature and behaviour of smoke
- Fire prevention & management
- Behaviour Issues of people regarding fire alarms & emergencies.
- Classes of fire
Module 2 – Classes of Fire and Fire Extinguishing Methods & Equipment
- Classes of Fire
- Fire Detection and Alarms (Overview)
- Inspection, Maintenance and Discharge of Fire Extinguishers
- Participants will then be trained in the practical use of extinguishers
- Fire Blankets
- Fire Hose Reels
Module 3 – Role of Fire Warden & Emergency Procedures
- Pre–fire / post-fire duties of the Fire Warden
- General Emergency Plans and Evacuation Procedures
- Design and documentation of Fire Evacuation Plans & Records.
- Identifying and Managing Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPS).
- Fire Drills – Running, Management & Evaluation of Fire Drills.