This course educates employees in the proper response to any workplace emergency. PHECC First Aid Responder Courses are heavily focused on providing the necessary skills to enable the employees deal with injuries that would be likely to occur at their workplace. It meets and exceeds current Health and Safety Standards and requirements for employee training. Participants learn how to recognise medical emergencies, casualty assessment and perform lifesaving skills.
- Assessments – Primary and Secondary
- Incident Procedure – emergency calls, scene safety, infection control.
- Cardiac First Response -Heart Attack, CPR, Use of AED, Choking
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management /Shock -Shock, bleeding, musculoskeletal injuries,
- The Unconscious Patient
- Burn and Electrical Injury
- Abnormal Body Temperature – hyperthermia, hypothermia
- Information Management – patient handover, care reports
- Communications – consent, empathy, communicating with children
- Well Being of the FA Responder – critical incident stress