The Course is designed to make candidates aware of the dangers involved in excavation works. It will train delegates in the use of cable detection equipment and to detect and avoid most underground services.
- Legal & Occupational Responsibilities
- Liaison with others
- Risk Assessment
- Planning the work
- Safe Systems of Work
- Video Presentation
- Introduction to location & detection equipment – functional checks
- Practical on-site location of underground services (by each delegate)
- Practical techniques for locating various services – pipes, cables, street lighting, concrete reinforcing bars and locating tee connections.
- Further practical exercise – incorporating all associated equipment
- Maintenance & storage of equipment
- Safe digging techniques
- Ten Golden rules of locating
- Questions & Answers