The One-Day Mental Health First Aid Course is a comprehensive and engaging program designed to equip participants with the essential knowledge and skills to provide initial support to individuals experiencing mental health challenges. In a single day, participants will gain a fundamental understanding of common mental health issues, learn how to recognise the signs of distress, and develop the confidence to offer appropriate assistance.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health disorders.
• Understand the importance of mental health and reduce stigma associated with it.
• Provide initial support to individuals experiencing mental health crises.
• Guide individuals towards professional help and appropriate resources.
• Practice active listening and effective communication techniques.
• Promote self-care and resilience for both themselves and others.
The course content includes, but is not restricted to, the following:
• What is Mental Health
• Effects of Poor Mental health
• Mental Health at Work
• Common Mental Health Conditions
• Unhelpful Coping Strategies
• Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
• Mental Health Conversations