On completion of the Novice Forklift Operators training course participants will be able to demonstrate safe forklift operating skills and avoid danger to people and property.
- The operators’ safety code.
- General safety rules.
- Daily inspection procedures.
- Lift truck controls and instruments.
- Starting/ moving/ stopping and steering the truck.
- Operation of hydraulic controls.
- Vehicle loading and unloading.
- Stacking and de-stacking.
- On/ off ramp driving.
- Lift truck stability.
- Loading and stacking procedures.
- De-stacking and unloading.
- Charging and changing batteries.
- Fuelling procedures.